Friday, October 06, 2006

*another proud mama moment*

Indulge me again, if you will!! Regular blossom trail readers will be aware of the phenomenon (!!) of 'Celebration Assembly', taking place every Friday morning at school. Some of you may recall that my elder blondie was awarded the school pig earlier this term. Well, today the younger blondie was given an award for being, and I quote, "consistently fabulous" since the beginning of term!!! I think that will become a catchphrase in our house from now on. She is one of the littlest children at school, being of somewhat diminutive stature, but she confidently got up in front of the whole of the school to collect her award from her class teacher, and shook her hand beautifully, beaming the whole time. I could have cried...

Have had a great day all round; had a very old schoolfriend over for lunch - she and I have had sporadic contact over the years, but we always seem to be able to take up where we left off, and we worked out today that we have been friends for 23 years - I think that's pretty good going! She has just moved back to Worcestershire from Leicestershire, so I'm hopeful that we'll see a bit more of each other, now that she's only 25 minutes down the road.

We have a busy weekend ahead; the girls have a birthday party to go to tomorrow afternoon, which leaves me with a bit of free time to get ready for visitors on Sunday. Again, old friends for lunch, this time a university friend of Ed's, with his wife (whom we've known for years) and two little boys. Their younger son was born in July, so it'll be the first time we've met him. I am looking forward to having lots of cuddles, of course.

I will leave you tonight with some photos taken this evening; the girls have rediscovered a lovely toy bought for them by my mum last Christmas - a proper, old fashioned, wooden village - it's virtually identical to one S and I had as children. I feel very nostalgic, watching these two little girls playing so happily together...

anja wooden houses
anja wooden houses 2
anja freya wooden houses


Wishing you all a peaceful weekend...

Edited, in light of comments requesting pig photos, to say: A didn't win the pig - I didn't write that!!! She won a class teacher's award, which is a laminated picture of a star!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to be proud of your beautiful bright girlies.

Love the look of concentration on Anja's face.

Have a fab weekend it's always nice to catch up with old friends xxx

Fiona said...

"consistently fabulous" eh? Well that's a title to live up to all her life! Bless her *grin*

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Congratulations! :)

Megan said...

There's something about wooden toys that is completely fabulous, isn't there?!

suebaru said...

*sigh* more gorgeous photos!
Love the 'consistently fabulous ' description!Have a fun weekend!

jakey said...

Well done 'little' blondie on winning the pig this week! Lol!

I love all your pictures of the girlies playing together so nicely Jo. Makes me all nostalgic for the old days whem mine were small.

jk x

Roz said...

oh congratulations, you must be so chuffed, where is pics of the little pig.

Anonymous said...

Great natural pictures Jo, hope you're having a fab weekendxx

Debs said...

Oooh HUGE cograts to the pig winner of note (pssst can we see a pig pic please missus).
I soooooooooo WANT one of those wooden villages!!!!!! Gorgeous pics of gorgeous girlies huni

Debbie said...

aww those photos are gorgeous hun - you have stunning girls there! :) Consistently fabulous is just what a mum loves to hear :D

Anonymous said...

BRAVO to your little one!!!

Gretel said...

Your girlies are so adorable! I loved my bricks when I was little, hours of fun and imagination. I still have a couple of sets although sadly I am less inclined to play with them now.