Monday, September 18, 2006

*first full day*

Anja's first full day went like a dream, by all accounts, although she was shattered when she came out at 3pm. I ended up having to carry her part of the way home, something I wouldn't normally do, but she was clinging, limpet-like to my leg, and to be honest it was easier to pick her up. Really don't want to make a habit of it, though.

Well, our feathered friend remained on my windowsill all night long; when I awoke at 6.30 this morning, she was still there, asleep, and looking quite comfortable, and by the time I got out of the shower at 7, she was awake and looking around. As I rolled back the blind from its half-open position, she flew away without a backwards glance!!! Predictably, she left a nice pile of poo on the sill, which I've yet to clean off - just can't quite stomach it. Perhaps I'll leave it for the window cleaner!!! Kidding...

Not a lot else happening today; operation clean-up/declutter started in earnest this morning, and then sort of petered out around lunch time!! I am trying to go through the rooms one at a time, but the novelty of having the whole house to myself this morning was a bit overwhelming. I have a day off from it tomorrow, though, as it's Anja's last day of no school (even though she was in all day today), so she and I are meeting my friend Kath and her daughter Jasmine, at the 'fun palace' at Toy City...there is a temporary ice rink there as well, so Kath and I will be able to show off our skating skills to the little girls, ha ha ha!! I will take my camera in the hope of getting some good shots, but I might spend all my time on my bottom...

No photos from today, and I do so hate a photo-less post; since it's school photo time again soon, I'll leave you with this from May 2004 - the girls' first 'official' portrait!

School-photo,-May-2004

6 comments:

suebaru said...

iaSo glad I'm not the only one who loses enthusiasm for tidying around lunch time!!

Anonymous said...

Operation declutter starts here tomorrow. I'm planning to tackle the living room and will be doing well if I'm still going before 11.00am xxx

Roz said...

yuk, bird poo, go and clean it up right now young lady. Don't forget your padding for your botty tomorrow, you will need it if your skating is anything like mine. mwahahahaha

Anonymous said...

you girls are just adorable, just love seeing pics of them

Anonymous said...

oh wow - haven't they grown up since then! Good luck with the decluttering, we are on operation reinstall the bedroom!

Sue Jones said...

I tidy very sporadically.
Beautiful Photo